Friday, October 13, 2006

USB Thumb Response Kit

I've posted this question on Forensic Focus, what would you put one two 1gb thumbs, one for IR and one for CF Live? I want to get as many ideas of what tools people in the field would use or would like to have instantly ready.

Once I get all the ideas I plan to accumulate the tools that are not commercial and post them for download at my website.

I have been looking back at past postings at windowsir.blogspot.com, and I see a lot of great information and requests for help and response about tools from Harlan, BUT I see very few comments and responses.

Folks, this is no way to build a community. We need active participation and sharing to even come close to keeping up with the bad guys. Have you ever explored how THEY do it???

We are already behind, if we don't get our collective a$$es in gear and start sharing our wealth of knowledge, we'll stay there.

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger H. Carvey said...

Bill,

Don't stress over this sort of thing...as you can see, there are a lot of folks out there who may be lurking but simply not saying anything. It's unfortunate, but that's how it is.

Harlan

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't have a whole lot of experience in this, nor do I fully endorse this tool list, but I have been slowly going through windows tools found at the below site and adding what I want to my own collection of tools "to look into more." Not sure if anything here is up to par, but check out:

http://www.dirk-loss.de/win-tools.htm

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger H. Carvey said...

LV,

Great list of tools. Some I'd use for IR, others for file analysis, etc. Like any tool, they have their uses.

Harlan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home